I use a Smart Phone every day with my business. I’m sure you do too, but are you using it to it’s full potential!? When I can’t figure something out on my phone, I turn to YouTube. It’s a glorious place full of videos on everything! Today, while trying to figure out a certain feature on my phone, I stumbled upon a feature I didn’t know I had. And let me tell you, it’s the coolest thing ever! HOT KEYS! Basically, you can save text to number keys, all the number keys! This gives you 10 different texts that are set and ready to go, NO TYPING! This is a game changer for me, I send a lot of texts to customers. One of my most commonly sent texts is the Issuu Catalog Link. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 so these are steps for that phone. If you don’t have one of these, I highly suggest you get on YouTube and search for videos about your phone’s features!
First you want to go into your Settings. Once there you are going to find the Language and Input section.
On the next screen, click on Samsung Keyboard.
From there you will click on My Hot Keys, make sure it’s turned on 😉
Now you are in! So you have 10 number keys, 0-9, that you can enter text for.
I decided to make the number 1 key my catalog link. I simply entered the link into the number 1 space and…..
Number 1 is ready to go! The next time I need to send this in a text, I will simply open the text screen, press and hold the number 1 key for a couple of seconds, and the assigned text will appear! Awesome, right!? Don’t forget, you can have TEN different texts! That’s a lot! Making you a more efficient consultant.
If you don’t have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4, you may still be able to do this! Be sure to check YouTube for videos on your phone.
Top 10 Apps Every Direct Sales Consultant Needs On Their Smart Phone!
- MyConsultant – I’m not a numbers person, so I love not having to worry about if my math is right!
- Your Comany’s App – If you are with Thirty-One like me, you need the MyThirtyOne app! You can check shipping status, enter contact info, and even an entire party, Right from your phone! If you aren’t with Thirty-One, check to see if your company has an app 🙂
- Wunderlist – Really this is a must for anyone, keep lists of things to do, items to pick up at the store, and so much more!
- YouTube – Like I said, you can find a video for anyting there and you should have your own Channel! Stay connected with customers by making videos! It’s fun and your customers will love it!
- Zoom! – If you haven’t check this out, do it now! Free video conferencing, great for Directors!
- Voxer – Turn your phone into a walkie-talkie! Super fun and really great for moms. You know it’s hard to hold a conversation when the kids are getting wild!
- A Beautiful Mess- Create collages, add text, and so much more with this fun app!
- Pinterest – This is fun for anyone, like YouTube, you can find anyting on there!
- Dropbox – I save all kinds of graphics and info on Dropbox. Then I can access it from any computer or device I have!
- Red Stamp – Your company may even have a collection of images on there for you to use. Great for texting hostesses and customers.